Inositol is a compound the body makes from glucose. It’s also found in plant foods such as legumes, whole grains and vegetables. However, because phytates are indigestible by human enzymes, getting inositol requires microbial digestion — or supplementation.
Inositol is found in cell membranes. It regulates healthy mood support, healthy lipid and glucose metabolism and healthy cellular signaling. Inositol also helps maintain already-healthy hormone levels.
Phospholipids in cellular membranes depend on inositol to carry out a number of biological processes.
Research shows inositol promotes healthy mood because it is essential for modulating the activity of the neurotransmitter serotonin.
- Involved in serotonin activity modulation
- Helps stabilize mood
- Encourages healthy insulin response & glucose metabolism
Inositol Supplement Facts
|Dosage and Use|
|High doses of inositol can cause diarrhea in some individuals.|
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.