Collagen is a protein that forms the “glue” or connective tissue that holds together most of our tissues. Think of collagen as the glue that adds glamour and strength to skin, joints, bones, ligaments, healthy gums, and more.
However as we age, our bodies don’t make enough – and we end up with signs such as sagging skin, and that general feeling of being old.
Taking collagen as a supplement replenishes what the body can’t make, rejuvenating these tissues from the inside.
Even though you can get collagen from foods such as broth, its absorption is usually limited. Hydrolyzed collagen powder is broken down (hydrolyzed) into amino acids, making absorption easy.
Taking collagen powder replenishes what your body can’t make any more, which rejuvenates the skin, joints, bones, hair, nails, etc, from the inside.
How Does Taking Collagen Help?
There are many benefits of taking collagen – here are the ones you’ll most commonly love:
1) It Boosts Skin Health
Purely Inspired Hydrolyzed Collagen Powder contains collagen types 1 & 3 – found in connective tissue, forming reticular fibers and skin structure in the skin.
As we age, we produce less and less collagen, leading to dry skin and wrinkles. Taking collagen improves skin elasticity and hydration leading to a soft, smooth skin.
Collagen also helps in production of other proteins that help improve the structure of your skin – such as elastin and fibrillin.
Collagen helps boost skin health, leading to a soft, smooth, elastic skin.
This rejuvenates the skin from the inside – the results are better and longer lasting than cosmetics.
2) It Helps Strengthen Joints & Bones
- Collagen helps boost integrity of cartilage, the main component of joints. It’s been shown in scientific studies to strengthen bones and reduce inflammation and reduce joint pain.
- Bones are mainly made of collagen. As we age and our bodies make less and less collagen, our bones lose their strength as a result. Collagen helps reduce bone breakdown of bones.
You need a dosage of at least 10g a day (half a scoop) to get joints and bones benefits.
3) It Helps Strengthen Hair & Nails
Collagen prevents brittleness in hair and nails.
3) It Boosts Heart Health
Collagen is necessary for forming blood vessels (arteries and veins) that help circulate blood in the body. It helps blood vessels remain flexible and elastic, boosting cardiovascular health.
Purely Inspired Collagen Powder Supplement Facts
- GRASS-FED – Sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine and does not contain recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH).
- 20G COLLAGEN – Delivers Type I and Type III.
- CLEAN FORMULA – Gluten and dairy free, contains no added sugar, is non-GMO, and supports a keto and paleo diet.
- PROTEIN – Provides 18g of protein and 18 amino acids.
Mix 1 serving (1 scoop) with a 8 oz of water or beverage of choice and take once daily. Stir vigorously or shake well and enjoy.
Ideal for blending into your favorite smoothies and recipes, too.
Options to Enjoy:
Odorless and unflavored, Purely Inspired Peptides are easy to mix in any drink or food.
- Shake – Mix with your favorite non-dairy beverage
- Blend – Blend with fruits & veggies for a tasty smoothie
- Mix – Mix into your favorite recipes for a punch of protein
- Water – Add 1 scoop to hot or cold water or juice
- Smoothies – Mix 1 scoop of collagen peptides and 1 scoop of Pure Inspired Organic Protein
- Oatmeal – Stir into oatmeal or a breakfast cereal
- Cooking – Add 1 scoop to hot or cold recipes. Mix 1 serving (1 scoop) with 8 oz of water or beverage of choice and take once daily.
Store in a cool, dry place (60 to 80 degrees F).