Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the skin, joints, and other connective tissues. It is able to hold water and is known for its ability to retain moisture.
As we age, we produce less and less hyaluronic acid (along with collagen and elastin). As a result, the skin loses its volume, hydration and plumpness. Taking hyaluronic acid supplements helps retain these levels.
Some of the benefits of hyaluronic acid include:
- Moisturizes the skin: Hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water, making it an effective moisturizer for the skin.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: Hyaluronic acid helps plump up the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves skin elasticity: Hyaluronic acid helps improve skin elasticity, making it firmer and more supple.
- Promotes wound healing: Hyaluronic acid helps promote wound healing by reducing inflammation and promoting tissue regeneration.
- Lubricates joints: Hyaluronic acid is a major component of joint fluid. Supplementation may help to lubricate and cushion the joints, reducing joint pain and stiffness.
- Relieves dry eye: Hyaluronic acid eye drops have been shown to improve symptoms of dry eye by providing long-lasting moisture to the eyes.
- Boosts collagen production: Hyaluronic acid has been shown to promote the production of collagen. Collagen helps to support the structure of the skin and improve skin elasticity and firmness, which can also contribute to a more hydrated appearance.
It can also help to soothe and calm the skin, especially if you have a sensitive or irritated skin.
Hyaluronic acid, 100 MG Supplement Facts
Hyaluronic Acid, Rice Flour, Hypromellose (Cellulose) Capsule, Magnesium Stearate (Vegetable Source).
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily with 8-12 ounces of water, or as directed by your healthcare professional.