- Hydrolyzed collagen peptide supplements are now available in Kenya – both as powder and capsule forms, containing different types of collagen.
- Which means you can now benefit from the incredible benefits of this wonder protein that has people in health circles buzzing.
- Here’s a quick snapshot of the collagens that are available right here in Kenya.
Others are into it for gut health or just overall quality of life.
By now, it’s indisputable that collagen is good for you. Read on to find out the best collagen supplements available right here in Kenya.
WHAT IS COLLAGEN
Collagen is a protein that provides structure to our skin, joints, muscles, bones and other organs in the body.
It’s the major component of connective tissue that makes up these body parts.
Think of collagen as the glue that holds our bodies together.
WHY DO WE NEED TO TAKE COLLAGEN?
Starting our mid-20s to our early 30s, our body’s ability to make collagen declines as we age.
Habits like smoking, too much sunshine, taking too much sugar and refined carbs lead to the decline of collagen from our bodies.
This leads to signs of aging, such as dry wrinkled skin, aching joints, weaker muscles and bones, etc.
Taking collagen peptide supplements helps reverse these traits and provides and overall boost in our quality of life.
BENEFITS OF TAKING COLLAGEN PEPTIDE SUPPLEMENTS
As we’ve seen is a separate article, there are several benefits of taking collagen peptide supplements:
- Smooth elastic skin – taking collagen peptides reduce wrinkles and dryness. It also stimulates the body to make its own collagen.
- Stronger joints – collagen makes the connective tissue in ligaments. Taking collagen supplements helps strengthen joints and relieve joint pain.
- Stronger muscles – about 1-10% of our muscles are made of collagen. Taking collagen supplements has been shown to strengthen and boost muscle mass in age-related muscle loss.
- Stronger bones – our bones are made of collagen. Collagen supplements have been shown to keep our bones strong and prevent osteoporosis.
- Healthy hair and nails – collagen peptides help keep our nails strong and grow healthy hair.
- Gut health – collagen supplements have been used by doctors to treat leaky gut syndrome.
- Healthy gums and teeth – collagen keeps our gums firm, strengthens teeth, and keeps our teeth firmly rooted to the gums.
BEST HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN SUPPLEMENTS AVAILABLE IN KENYA
Collagen supplements are available in the hydrolyzed form – or broken down to amino acids to enhance bioavailability.
The following hydrolyzed collagen supplements are available in Kenya:
1) HOORBACH HYDROLYZED MULTI-COLLAGEN CAPSULES
- Collagen I & 3 from pasture-fed bovines
- Type I from fish
- Type II from chicken
- Type I, V and X from eggshell membrane collagen
2) NATURE’S TRUTH ULTRA-COLLAGEN PLUS VITAMIN C
It also contains vitamin C, a critical vitamin in the manufacture of collagen in our bodies.
This collagen will last you 30 days.
3) NEOCELL HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN POWDER
Vitamin C offers strong antioxidant protection against UV-induced photodamage. It also inhibits melanin production in the skin, which helps to lighten hyperpigmentation and brown spots, even out skin tone, and enhance skin radiance.
In addition, vitamin C is absolutely essential for synthesis of collagen. In other words, the body cannot make collagen without vitamin C.
And what better way to boost this than with Liposomal Vitamin C. This is formulated for enhanced absorption and bioavailability.
There are several hydrolyzed collagen peptide supplements available in Kenya. Your best choice is the one that meets your needs.
Which collagen do you use?